"To promote cross country skiing by delivering leadership and skill development programs that encourage fun, fitness and healthy lifestyles for all Nova Scotians "
Cross Country Ski Nova Scotia (CCSNS) is the governing body of cross country skiing in the province of Nova Scotia.
CCSNS is a member of Cross Country Ski Canada, the national sport governing body
CCSNS is a non-profit organization. Its funding is generated through Nova Scotia's department of Health Promotion and Protection, along with grants from Sport Nova Scotia, sponsors, and membership fees.
Who is Cross Country Ski Nova Scotia?
Annual elected Executive formulate and implement the policies and programs of the organization.
2012-2013 Board of Directors:
President: Keith Ayling
Vice President: John Hudec
Treasurer & Treasurer: Tim Carroll
Skier Development and Competition: Kris Doyon
Instructor and Coach Development: Kjerstin Baldwin
Promotion: Jay Brown
Recreation and Club Events:
Member at Large: Daniel Murray
Member at Large: Joanne Walsh
Staff: Tamara Stephen (ex-officio)
Why does it exist?
- To promote and encourage the sport/recreation of cross country skiing in the province
- To provide and maintain rules and regulations for cross country skiing in the province
- To encourage and foster general public support of the activities and programs of CCSNS in the province
- A resource centre for the membership and the general public
- To select and train members of the provincial team to represent the province